Friday, September 01, 2017

HappyUP!!! Day 4156

Remember -all days aren't happy ones...but there are things to be happy in those days.  Today was one of those

HappyUP!!! - Shadow came home
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - she had been missing for a few days....not totally abnormal but out of the ordinary. I went looking....couldn't find her.....and then she appeared.  I was so happy to see my furr ball again!!!!   ............but............then...................

HappyUP!!! - I was able to make an emergency appointment
Why it happened - Shadow wasn't in good shape when she came home
Why it makes me happy -my regular vet just couldn't squeeze her in. My baby was hurting...I could hear her even though she wasn't talking.  So glad I could get her to some immediate relief........but ......then..........

HappyUP!!! - Euthanasia
Why it happened - I had to make the call
Why it makes me happy - now, there is no way putting my baby down for the last count made me happy.  QUITE the contrary.....I balled like a baby! However, I had a long run with her....about 13 years with an indoor/outdoor kitty.  She was incurably suffering....and I was overjoyed to ease her pain and allow her to go visit her big brother, Stogie, in kitty heaven.  

HappyUP!!! - Dr Niki
Why it happened - she was who I got
Why it makes me happy- she was one of the most compassionate vets I have ever met! Truly a gem. I don't know how she puts up with people like me on a daily basis (and...yeah...if you work at the emergency vet place....it's a daily basis). She was truly an angel!

HappyUP!!! - my good friend
Why it happened - I texted an update
Why it makes me happy - I said I didn't need it......but it was really nice of my buddy to drop everything and come see Shadow and I before that final needle was inserted.  Who does things like that? I know this.....I will  if I ever get that call!!! Sure...could have gone it alone...wasn't nuts about being seen as the sniveling mess that I was.....but it was much better with someone there.

JollyJottings

No comments: