Monday, September 02, 2013

HappyUP!!! Day 2944


HappyUP!!! - Del Paso
Why it happened - my bro
Why it makes me happy - I haven't played at this venerable old club since they did a TOTAL remodel. At the end of the day, I loved the old layout. Too many trees removed. Yet, at same time, they gutted it for the future...and will be holding the USGA Senior Open in a couple years. It was good to finally play it again

HappyUP!!! - Sam's Hof Brau
Why it happened - we were there
Why it makes me happy - my late mother was the bookkeeper for Sam's for many years. I still remember that being the place where I discovered pickles...really good ones...for free. Yep, I grabbed a bunch of those shaved delicious morsels and put them aside my dinner. Trip down memory lane. Haven't eaten there in.....I don't even know how many years

HappyUP!!! - rain
Why it happened - crazy weather
Why it makes me happy - we can use EVERY drop we can get...no matter the time of year. I won't kid you...I wasn't happy about it when it was pouring on me on 16 and 17. I would have loved to play those holes in nice weather. At the end of the day, I'm glad the heaven's opened up. It actually was kind of cool to wake up to.

JJ

Del Paso
Birdie on 9
Sam's Hof Brau
Rain?

No comments: