Sunday, August 12, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2029

Ahhhhh......what do you do when you have a 
bunch of garden tomatoes? You whip up a nice,
big batch of sauce.  So many dishes will be made
from this lovely foundation

HappyUP!!! - S showed up on the first tee
Why it happened - a hall pass
Why it makes me happy - this gave us a full 5 some today.....wasn't expecting that.

HappyUP!!! - joined by JS
Why it happened - he had a hole in his schedule
Why it makes me happy - always enjoy playing with J......we just don't get the chance that often.

HappyUP!!! - spaghetti sauce
Why it happened - tomatoes and motivation
Why it makes me happy - the downside to tomatoes is their very essence. They grow fast and quickly when it's been as hot as it's been lately.  You get a bunch NOW.  Who wants to be cooking on a day that is this hot, though?  Today......I did.........and I even took the skins off this time......and that was a lot of skins. Now....the fruit of my labor will be enjoyed for many meals to come

HappyUP!!! - wedge on 18
Why it happened - I got it on the button
Why it makes me happy - this little gem left the club as if it had eyes. One of the guys said, "be right"....meaning be the right distance.  I KNEW it was right.....landing a couple of inches from the hole with a little backspin for a gimmie.  I only wish it had been a birdie (oooopsie.....had gotten into a little tree trouble with first and second shots).

JollyJottings

Sean showing up
Playing with John
hybrid/chutt 1....pitch/putt 2...hybrid 3....punch break/7 iron/putt 4....wedge/putt 5....pitch/break/putt 6....pitch 7....7 iron 8....drive/7 iron/putt 9....hybrid/wedge 10....drive/bunker shot/putt 11...7 iron 12...drive/chip 13....3 wood/wedge/putt 14....3 wood/9 iron/putt 15....putt 16.....pitch hitting stick 17....wedge 18
PGA Championship

No comments: