Wednesday, December 19, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 326

HappyUP!!! - SOLD
Why it happened - I stepped away from the table
Why it makes me happy - I had a good chunk of change riding on one stock. I had held it all year....then...BOOM.
It went up. I sold 25% to lock in a little profit. It went up more. I sold 50% of my stake. It went up more. Today, I sold the last 25%. At the end of the day, it provided a 37% return this year. Is it the money that makes me happy? Nope. It was winning at a game that I am beginning to understand a bit more. This move should bring my self managed portfolio in at a 20% return for the year....in a tough year in the market.

HappyUP!!! - joking with staff
Why it happened - not a lot going on as we head to the holiday
Why it makes me happy - I did a lot of cleaning up and tending to loose ends.....and made my staff laugh a lot. It was a happy environment in a tough industry (mortgage) today.

HappyUP!!! - nephew comes home
Why it happened - two weeks in the hospital was enough
Why it makes me happy - I got his text message, "I'm out!" and I had a tremendous feeling awash over me of joy. I love this guy. Now, it's time to help him around his house.

No comments: