Friday, December 29, 2006

30 days....it will be here before you know it


OK, you're sitting there thinking about New Year's
- you even read my post about nothing changing on New Year's Day. It's a creation of man. It's a way of marking time. Now, esoterically speaking, time doesn't even exist. Whoa! We'll stop there. Let's use time...

You're thinking about making next year even better than this one - but you are in one of three camps.

Camp 1 - New Year's resolution are stupid. No one keeps them. New Year's Day is just another day

Camp 2- I make New Year's resolutions....and I rarely, if ever keep, them.

Camp 3 - I make New Year's resolutions. I keep them religiously and they have proved to be a major betterment to my life. (Hey, if you are THAT one guy that does this, e-mail me. I would really like to meet him)

My goal in 2007? - I want you to be a happy-ER camper no matter what camp your tent is pitched in.

I hereby absolve you from setting any New Year's Resolutions - that's right....none...don't do it! For you little do-gooders, you have now been granted permission to ignore this silly practice.

As a matter of fact - hereby the power granted in me by getting you to read this blog MANDATE that thou shalst not set even ONE resolution.....for the NEW YEAR.

Wow! How does that feel - you are perfectly fine just the way you are...ahhhh....nice....huh?

Hold it a minute there, slim - not so fast.

Just like there is no free lunch - you get no hall pass here. And, now that you have bought into the no New YEARS resolutions, you have to abide by the other side of the deal.

You MUST now make a 30 day resolution - gotcha! Nope...sorry.....no getting out of it. You already enrolled. There is only one way out.....you either make the 30 days and send me a note on how it went. I'll dedicate a post for comments on Jan 31 to you commenting. The other way out....you give it your best shot and then comment in on Jan 31 on where things broke down (I fully expect this to be the minority group because YOU are special and can do anything that you DECIDE to do).

30 days is nothing - nothing. Where the heck did December go? It seems like I was just tossing out Halloween candy yesterday.

30 days....30 days....30 days - you can find some more insight here
from the "most popular personal development site on the web."

So...there you go - NO! No thinking about it and you will get back to me later. You have already been thinking about it. You have an idea about what you could do/give up for 30 days already. This is time for "first thought" action. Come on...how "wrong" could your intuition be?

For crimeny's sake - it's only 30 days!

No comments: