Monday, August 21, 2017

HappyUP!!! Day 4145

HappyUP!!! - cancelling a trip
Why it happened - I just wasn't feeling it
Why it makes me happy - honor to be invited....I hung on the fence a bit....hoping I would get replaced....but.....I then had to assert, "dude, I really appreciate the invitation but...I really don't want to go this year."  Sometimes...that is how you have to play it....straight up!!!

HappyUP!!! - The Great Eclipse
Why it happened - it's a nature thing
Why it makes me happy - a total solar eclipse....viewable from my area? C'mon....that's worth a bit of novelty.  I thought the whole thing was stupid too....until the time came. I fashioned together a viewing box and was outside with the rest of the curious

HappyUP!!! - "Probably not"
Why it happened - I was blunt
Why it makes me happy - this was so funny...."oh...you golf...and belong to the club...maybe you could take my mom golfing next time she is in town. She loves to golf."....without the blink of an eye, "Probably not."  The timing was so great that the third person in the group cracked up!  I LOVE ME!!!....and....no....I don't really want to play golf with an elderly woman (probably in 80's) that I don't know. Hey...I play golf with ladies....and some are "up there" but those are friends of mine. Taking no chances here!!!

No comments: