Monday, July 31, 2006

HappyUP!!!...WordUP!!!

In the spirit of Tom Peters who had the greatest line that I have ever heard regarding words: "Words ensnare me."

Sentient

Sentient, pronounced Sen-tee-unt, has been following me around like a puppy dog lately. I have tripped across it in at least three different books that I am reading. Let's check out the definition to see if it is something that we should be working into our daily lives.

Sentient: responsive to or conscious of sense impressions. AWARE. Finely sensitive in perception and thought.

"I resolve to be more sentient in my travels today"

Hmmm.....this is a good one. I'll definitely be more sentient in a few minutes as it pertains to my body. I am heading off to the gym after a tough workout yesterday. My body will make me plenty sentient as to what I put it through yesterday!!!

HappyUP!!!

(Wow....did you see that? Nutter's Notes has now gravitated into teaching us more about words!!! It's more than that "word a day" stuff too. I should be here everyday!!! What will he come up with next?")

PS: I just got back from the gym. I decided to do some sprints over at the basketball court. I am extremely sentient that I have been building muscles in my thighs by cycling and not building flexibility in them through running...........OUCH!!!

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Well I am sentient that I am way behind in answering messages, etc. but I'm also sentient that this is a temporary aberration. Good for you with the workouts and cycling -not to mention improving our vocabulary - is there no end to your talents??!!