Friday, November 24, 2006

Betwixt Reason and Recess


Run!!! - that's right.....I said, "RUN!!!".....as in beat your feet over to McNair Wilson's blog, Tea with McNair.

STOP!!!! - I know....I know....I just said, "run," but I do have to set things up first. I'd hate to see you trip on your way over.

You see - that's McNair in the middle of the picture. He hangs out with a crew few do...so watch your steps.

McNair is a good friend of mine - he worked at Disney for years as an Imagineer (somebody had to sit around in rooms and think of those concepts for all of those theme parks). He has been involved in the drama world all of his life. He has even done street theater at the Olympics. He is an author (Raised in Captivity), artist, ventriloquist (now retired), speaker, playwright, and all around nice guy.




His biggest gig? - is to encourage you to be as creative as our Creator intended you to be. I love the line that he uses in his workshops and presentations, "if you don't do you, you doesn't get done and creation is incomplete." I have now used the line so often and given him credit for it commensurately enough that I think that I can now steal it and use it as my own!!!

It's a tremendous concept - from a tremendously gifted individual.

So....here is the deal - McNair just posted the opening invitation for you to come along with him to Creativity Camp. This is fresh and hot off the press. Classes begin soon

There is a supply list (hey...you are going to camp...you need fresh underwear and socks) - so get over to that blog and get ready.

Are you a writer? - he may make you do some drawing. I know, "but I can't even draw a straight line!" As McNair says, "that is what they make rulers for!" He wants you to massage that entire side of the brain where the imagnination comes from so that your de riguer mode of creativity is enhanced.

No more questions - just go with me on this one. This is going to be some fun. If you are a fan of 52 projects, you are going to love the trip with McNair.

Join me for tea..................with McNair

2 comments:

paris parfait said...

I'm headed there now.

Ang said...

You know I'll check it out. I heard McNair speak in February at the Writer's Conference in Colorado Springs and I think he is amazing. I love what he has to say and he is so encouraging.

Thanks for the heads up!