Monday, March 06, 2006

Another trip....

I'm not much of a business traveller. Tomorrow, I have to leave the rain of the Sacramento area and endure the tortures of Palm Springs. I know....I know...the things I do to keep the electricity flowing into the house. It's 9:30 on Monday night and I haven't packed for the three days I will be gone to attend one day of meetings. "Huh?" you ask? If I am going to be at the all day Wednesday meeting followed by the reception and dinner and want a direct flight, it's one flight a day for a choice. It leaves at 10 in the morning from here and it comes back at 12 from there. So, dear reader, be with me in my suffering.

The big question: why am I not packed yet? Why did I decide to do this rather meaningless blog entry rather than start gathering my stuff up and get it ready for transport? Do I really work better under pressure?

When it comes to packing, the answer to the latter question is, "yes." Answering that one also answers the previous two questions. I wonder if there is a name for that. You know, when answering one question answers others......"brevity"? Anyway, if there isn't a name for it, there should be.

In the meantime, I gotta get to packing. Packing.......I think a better term for what I will be doing is called "stuffing." ...I can't wait to get to Palm Springs......so I can find out what I forgot to stuff.....and get to kick myself for stuffing and not packing.

No comments: